Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The written word..

Today I was writing an exam when this thought crossed my mind. It was a completely theory paper and, based on the requirements of our university, I had to write as lengthy an answer as possible. I wondered what is the value of a written word, at least in education? We are in a system where the more we write, the more we are considered an intellectual.

I have an interest in journalism and love to read articles. That time too I wonder whether the meaning derived from that article is proportionate with the number of words. Some articles go on and on, and the meaning derived from them is really minuscle. However that minnow proves very useful in future.

I can write an essay on this. But I feel I have conveyed what I wanted to say in this little blog. Probably you should strike the bulls eye when the next time you pick up the pen to write, instead of pushing the reader into a maze of words....

No comments: